Monday, August 3, 2009

needing travel prayers

Well, we SHOULD be in Munich waiting for our connection to Ukraine. As it is, we are still in NC. Yes, you read that right. We are in Charolotte, NC after having spent a VERY rough (on me) 24 hours or so.

We left our house a little after 10am yesterday (Sunday) in order to give our taxi plenty of time to arrive at the airport by 11:30 in order to meet our 2:33 flight. Our plane ended up being delayed for 3 hours, which meant we missed our Munich connection, which means we are now missing our Ukraine connection. After spending close to 4 hours trying to work out something with the airline, they managed to get us on a flight for 11:10 today to JFK to catch a direct flight from there to Ukraine this afternoon around 4:00.

We got a free stay in a VERY nice hotel last night, free supper and free breakfast. We got to the airport this morning only to discover that the flight to JFK had been cancelled!!!! The airline decided that even though it was already 8:15, we could make a 9:25 flight to JFK- why didn't they book us on this last night?! Anyway, Rich and I rushed to get this flight ticketed and I broke down SOBBING in front of the poor airline supervisor. After we got into the security line with only 20 minutes until the flight left, Rich noticed that HIS bording pass had my name on it and security would not let him through. He had to run back to the ticketing counter while I went on through security.

He made it back with about 10 minutes to spare. We RAN, and I mean RAN. My chest hurt, my legs hurt, and I thought I might collapse right on the concourse. We got to our concourse only to discover that this flight has been delayed. It's 9:35 now and we have no idea when we are leaving. We MUST make JFK by lunchtime so we can EASILY make our flight.

Gotta go- it's here!!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a way to start! Praying that everything goes smooth from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Im so sorry that you are already experiencing these hardships and you arent even in Ukraine yet!! I am praying with you that God will comfort you and get you to Ukraine quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all!! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you! I hope all the "excitement" (ie: scary uncertainty) of the adoption only lasts until you get to Ukraine and you have smooth sailing from there on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for you! What a nightmare! I fully understand you're sobbing!! Indeed I would too. I will pray that you'll manage get to Ukraine in time for your SDA appointment despite all this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is good, glad you made your flight. We'll keep on praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait- is this an episode of Amazing Race? Just kidding, I don't mean to make light of the craziness. Praying that you make it to the Ukraine safely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lydia - God tests us in sooo many ways...lean on Him for strength. Keep Jer 29:11 close to you... praying for you... awaiting the next update.
    Love, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!!! Lydia, I just saw this as we've been in clinic all day (not so great news there but no big issues).

    I am praying praying praying for you.

    Love,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, It sounds as though you have had an interesting time! Remember to get your rest, eat/drink. You need to be clear minded...more is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've told everyone I know about you guys and they are all praying. I also am writing a strongly worded letter to the airline company in the hopes of getting free airfair and perhaps a private jet :)

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you there yet? mama

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for you guys!! I am so sorry that it has had such a difficult beginning, but remember that if you weren't worth messing with, Satan wouldn't bother.

    Looking forward to your next update and we'll keep praying for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You & Rich are in my thoughts and prayers! I am hoping that since there are no new posts, you guys are somewhere in Europe :) I just keep thinking about how great God is and the amazing journey that He has us all on. I think you both are so brave for this undertaking. I can not wait to meet your new little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for you and Tori! I hope with all my heart that you are in Ukraine by now, getting ready for your appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BE STRONG! God is providing what you need when you need it - you missed those flights or they were cancelled because He ordered it! Trust His plan for you and be safe.

    ReplyDelete